Monday 20 July 2020

Tina - Life with Ichthyosis in India- Harassment by Alliance House RWA members

The day I was born, and when my aunts came to know of my condition, none of my aunts visited Mom in the hospital. My eldest aunt always used to refer me as the demonic child that was born in the family. I  wasn't given milk or food , my youngest aunt used to lock the cupboards in the kitchen , I  literally starved as a baby. I was treated badly and indifferently by close relatives.

My maternal uncles were very kind and used to treat me with love . Joseph Reuben Ross, Joseph Alec Ross were the two benevolent souls our family . My Mom  used to get scared to send me out to play, because of the ill-treatment meted out on me. I never had any play mates as a child. I never knew what sleepovers were.

Parents  used to tell their children , not to touch me or even come  close to me. I always used to be a scared child always.  Most people had a disgusting kind of look , whenever they see me . I hardly seen anyone smile. So, I am well aware of social distancing and isolation since a child.

My life changed , when I went to the live with the missionaries . I  realized that all aren't bad and mean.
I made few wonderful friends Sunil Nagpal, Sunit Randhawa, Anoop Bharadwaj, Madhu thonta , Dr Sudha .

My Mom and I relocated to Hyderabad in 2000. We had to change 4 houses , as the owners behaved badly  later , once they saw me . In 2001, We moved to a flat in Alliance house apartments in 2001. We bought a flat , have been staying in this apartment ever since .

Alliance House apartments ( self appointed  and self proclaimed association members) 

Srinivas Adepu ;  He owns  a small newspaper agency ( proven advertising 




We shifted to a new place in Secunderabad , on January 14 , 2001 . Srinivas adepu  walks straight in  the next morning at 6 am , he looks at me , all dry and scaly and made a disgusting look kind of face. I woke up all dry and scaly , this fellow has dirty habit of walking right inside peoples house and asking personal questions. He asked if only ladies have come to live in the house. He still walks into any house in the apartment , he hasn't changed  this bad disgusting attitude , even though he has 2 daughters . This guy has been targeting my family because of my skin and appearance. My mother and I used to live in constant fear , as this fellow is a loud mouth , uses abusive language blatantly . He has been targeting me family ever since. He is loud, uncouth and  asks personal questions to everyone . He has a gang of accomplices , who dance to his tune,

Srinivas Adepu had disconnected water and electricity  supply to my flat at least 5 times. Once, we didn't have water and power for 4 days continuously . We always used to live in constant fear of being chased out from here. He used to accost my uncle outside and threaten him. This fellow is known to threaten seniors , when he sees them alone. 

I could not tolerate this harassment and bullying anymore and I told then sternly to back off and let me live in peace , because with age my physical disabilities and endurance also is diminishing. This infuriated this fellow more and he started to find ways to harass me more everyday . One day his wife Sujata adepu , went ballistic and started abusing and this guy threatening me sitting inside the house. He and his wife used all the expletives on me . I have an audio recording of all this. 

I  filed 2 cases on them The first case filed against Sreenivas Adepu and his abusive violent wife Sujata Adepu on  May 1 was under IPC section 70C and another case was filed on July 22 under IPC section 70B . I don't know what happened to both the cases . People with such severe rare disability should be protected , so that none harass them.  People like us , with severe conditions find it difficult to manage their life everyday , why would we want to fight with others?

Srinivas adepu also tells the staff , that none should help me or answer my call . His daughters are just like him. They make fun of my appearance and do snake dance in front of my house. His younger daughter Slokha  ( studies in Bhavans ) used to play football , kicks the ball hard on my door and runs away. I used to tell the parents that I get anxiety attack and palpitation , but they laugh . His eldest daughter Sheetal  , now is doing MMBS in Bhaskar medical college. She used to say see a demon is coming . 

Even now , Sreenivas adepu, sujatha adepu , slokha sreenivas adepu comes and screams, shouts talks loud on phone  loud causing distress to the ailing patients who reside here .




Yethish Vittal ( secretary ) - Yethish vittal , the secretary for almost a decade . He listens only to Srinivas adepu and threatens others . When I was abused and harassed by the cleaners ( Shankar and his family) Yethish never supported me . The apartment had garbage dumped inside the underground cellar for almost 30 years. The part I reside used to be heavily infested with rodents , parasites crawling all over , carcass of dead dogs, cats dumped there . I live in the 2nd floor. I was constantly affected by staph infection. Mosquitoes swarmed around all through the year. I used to get Malaria, Chikungunya . I was constantly on pain killers, antibiotics and antihistamines. My health was getting affected. When I complained on common WhatsApp group, I was ridiculed , then Yetish deletes me from the group for complaining constantly.

Many times the secretary threatened my family , supporting Srinivas Adepu , without thinking that he is hurting me more.

  
In every country, the  physically challenged are treated with kindness , but after seeing you guys , I think why did God create this Earth ?

My ear has been bleeding and oozing  because of the marriage/ birthday celebrations. I am going through trauma for years .

Srinivas Gupta Kota ( Tenant and standby President ) Vaishnavi marriage bureau: Being a President , I thought , he would understand my condition. I told him my story , but later , he turned out to be another accomplice of these guys. He used to make fun of me stating , you complain to the police commissioner , he is my friend and I have tea with him everyday.

He came home and threatened me for approaching the Police for help. He said , next time don't go to the cops , or you will have a difficult time.  He did not spare my 90 yr uncle , who was in last days with cancer. My uncle wept inconsolably , when these fellows bullied him. 

Subba Raju - GMC LIC agent in Secunderabad . His wife Sudha Rani . P , works in ITC ABD  in Guntur now. I have never seen them , nor did I ever step into their house . But , Subba Raju  ensures to harass me and complain to cops about me. He is another accomplice of this gang. He signs on every complaint letter these guys write on me. I have never interacted with this fellow at all. Subba Raju , I want to ask you , " Did I try to steal your house from you " why is that you are getting involved. You hardly stay here , but still you have grouse against me . You too have 2 daughters who are settled in USA and Australia. Please learn from them , how to treat women . 

I heard every name of animal and reptile being linked with me . I never used to look at anyone directly , because of the  look they used to give me which was only loath . One day a lady Suja Sebastian , another resident who lives here , tells her mother that I look like a lizard . My mom heard this and cried for days.

I used to walk early in the morning at 5.30 AM or 6 AM on the apartment terrace. These 5 bullies , locked the terrace , so that I shouldn't walk , as per Srinivas adepu , looking at my face early in the morning was a curse, Yethish , Subba raju supported this fellow.  I couldn't go out later after 7 am because , the sun is already hot .  My Mom and I had developed severe Vitamin D deficiency , because we couldn't step out for a walk.

I thought I will start 2020 on a fresh note and let go all bygones. But, old habits die hard. On January 3 , 2020, Srinivas adepu, Srinivas gupta , yethish vittal ,   and subba raju again start their dumb charades against me. When I asked them to behave , Kanees abbas started screaming and shouting. I was harassed for 3 weeks without a respite. I developed hypertension and trembling of heart  ever since. 

I went to Apollo and Dr . Col Sitaram has been treating me . Now, I have to take medicines  for BP and trembling of heart every day twice. My medical expense has gone up because of these RWA bullies.

The Government has to monitor , who the RWA members are, They need to come up with an act , so that the residents / weaker ones do not get harassed and traumatized. 


If I have the option and money , I wouldn't have stayed in this apartment or in this place.

The Kind Samaritans of Alliance House who help everyone in times of need are :
Mrs Kanees Abbas
Mr and Mrs Coutinhou 
Mr Merwyn and Valerie 
 Mr Lakshman Naidu and Chandana 
Mr Dominic Chung
Mr Hari Rao .

I was able to sustain in this apartment this long  , just because of these noble and kind souls . They were always  there to help me , whenever I was in need . I thank all these kind hearts for the help they extend , whenever I am in trouble.



















No comments:

Post a Comment